Colored suede, 70s inspired suede, and warm weather suede – no matter how you slice it, everyone is talking about suede this spring! After a fall full of fringe (try saying that three times fast), bohemian, and – you guessed it – SUEDE, it is no surprise that there was some rollover from one season to the next.
Why we love it
If you are like me, you probably have quite a bit of suede in your closet from past seasons. Typically I am not one to follow the “no white after Labor Day” types of fashion rules, and wearing suede outside of fall and winter is no exception for me. At last, fashion week has spoken, and you can keep wearing your suede for a few more months!
How to pull it off
From a suede dress (hello Liberty Garden!) to your Chocolat Blu tan suede heels from last fall, it all works! If you are nervous about it, ease into this trend with springtime colors – light blue, blush, or cream – or a wedge sandal. We have quite a bit of suede currently in the store, so we will let the pictures do the talking!
Clockwise from top left:
1) Bailey 44 Black Two-Piece Outfit. One of my favorite parts of a two-piece outfit is the versatility – you can wear the pieces together, or separately with jeans or a blouse!
2) BCBG Tan Suede Vest Dress. This must-have dress pairs great with skinny trousers for work, or by itself for date night.
3) Chocolat Blu Fringe Wedges. Is anyone else obsessed with gray suede like I am?? It is so chic.
4) Evolution Tan Vest. This is one piece I get so many compliments on whenever I wear it. It makes any outfit look complete.
5) Liberty Garden Black Dress. This dress can transition many seasons and styles. Wear it while it is still cold with tights, and then with wedges for a warmer, dressier look!
6) BCBG Olive Top. We love the color of this top. It gives you the option to play with colored suede without having to go bright red or orange.
7) Dolce Vita Booties. The microdot on these booties adds a texture we did not see in the fall shoes.
8) Evolution Ivory Vest. This is the same top as #4, but gives you color options to see what looks best on your skin tone.
And no need to worry about how to care to suede. We’ve got you covered!